Service & Maintenance Plan for Cummins Genenerator Sets
- Genpart Services Ltd works with definite service schedules for all maintenance and service contracts for Cummins engines. We do this by:-
Direct contact with the Client’s technician assigned to oversee power backup functions for Help Desk support. They are responsible for daily, weekly and monthly checks and should fill a Generator Maintenance Template and email it on schedule for our assessment.
- Major servicing is a prerogative of the Genpart Services Ltd technical team every 400-500 hrs depending on engine type.
We provide them with the Generator’s Operation & Maintenance Manual (OMM) although these available for free download from manufacturers or authorized distributor web spheres. We have included a sample copy for download on this page.
- The manuals provide detailed information on regular maintenance which ensures engine runs optimally and economically.
- Cummins have the "Cummins QuickServe Online (QSOL)" which can be the best source for Cummins parts, service and maintenance help – and this great app puts it in the palm of your hand. The QSOL app provides easy, on-to-go access to part options, parts catalogs, a fault code analyzer and engine dataplate information for more than 15 million Cummins serial numbers. Many other apps by third-party service support are easily downloaded for free from Google Play Stores eg The Cummins Power App, Cummins Engine Parts & Support by Torquepower Diesel (Australia) Pty Ltd, among others
- Our Service Contracts, however do NOT require the technicians to get troubled with any technical issues except for daily/weekly/monthly checks, because we schedule maintenance as per the manufacturer’s recommendations (see Major Service below).
- Cooling system coolant level
- Driven equipment
- The engine air cleaner service
- Engine air pre-cleaner, cleaning it if necessary
- Engine oil level
- Fuel system primary filter/water separator
- Walk-around inspection
Weekly checks include:
Fuel tank, water and sediment, draining if necessary
Major Service (Genpart Services Ltd Team)
- Major service intervals are typically every 400-500 hours for minor services and in multiples of 400-500 hours for major services e.g. 800 -1,000, 1,600-2,000, up to 4,000 hours
- Each engine we supply comes with a detailed list of checks for you to carry out at set intervals
- We use shared Google Calendar to enter details of scheduled maintenance and in cases of Mobile App use, reminders when engine service is due.